Building a special collection of children's literature in your library : identifying, maintaining, and sharing rare or collectible items / Dolores Blythe Jones [editor].
- Chicago : American Library Association, 1998. , ©1998
viii, 170 pages ; 23 cm
- Libraries -- United States -- Special collections -- Children's literature.
Libraries -- Special collections.
- Reference works.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Illinois Chicago.
- This resource explains the benefits of creating a special collection of children's literature for a library. It points out the publicity to be generated by unique titles in a collection, and highlights many aspects of maintaining a collection, from fundraising to establishing policies.
- Special collections of children's materials / DianeJude L. McDowell
Collection development / John M. Kelly
Appraising rare and collectible children's books / Justin G. Schiller
Cataloging for special collections / Dolores Blythe Jones
Special considerations of original materials / Dolores Blythe Jones and Anne Lundin
Preservation and security / Mary Bogan
Using children's literature special collections / Margaret Maloney
Funding special collections / Karen Nelson Hoyle
Public relations and programming / Linda Murphy and Mary Beth Dunhouse
Friends groups / Serena F. Day.
- "Copyright ©1998 by the American Library Association"--verso of title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Jones, Dolores Blythe, editor
American Library Association, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|