Great books for African-American children / Pamela Toussaint.
- New York, N.Y. : Plume, ©1999. , ©1999
278 pages ; 21 cm
- African American children -- Books and reading.
Children's literature, American -- Bibliography.
English literature -- Black authors -- Bibliography.
African Americans -- Juvenile literature -- Bibliography.
Children -- Books and reading -- United States.
Blacks -- Juvenile literature -- Bibliography.
African American children -- Books and reading.
Children -- Books and reading.
Children's literature, American.
English literature -- Black authors.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Contains publishing information and reviews of 250 books for children that celebrate the African-American experience, divided by age group from preschool to young adult. Includes lists of resources, as well as author/title and theme indexes.
- Helping any child love reading
Great books for very young children
Great books for children four to eight
Great books for children eight to eleven
Great books for preteen and young adults
Oops list : great out-of-print books
Great reading resources : magazines, TV shows, websites, videos, books, and other sources that promote reading
Bookstores in your area.
- Includes indexes.
"Copyright © Pamela Toussaint, 1999"--verso of title page.
"Set in New Baskerville. Designed by Eve L. Kirch"--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Kirch, Eve, book designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|