Tales alive! : ten multicultural folktales with activities / as retold by Susan Milord ; paintings by Michael A. Donato.
- Charlotte, Vt. : Williamson Publishing, ©1995.
127 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
Multiculturalism -- Juvenile literature.
Creative activities and seat work -- Juvenile literature.
Creative activities and seat work.
- Childrens subjects:
Tales -- Juvenile literature.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Vermont Charlotte.
- Art, craft, & creative experiences are linked to the stories to inspire children to think and create.
- The gentle people (Argentina)
The clever maiden (Russia)
A drum (India)
Why hare is always on the run (Ghana)
Tuk the hunter (Canada)
The story of Campriano (Italy)
The blue-eyed hare (Scotland)
Lighting the way (Australia)
Urashima the fisherman (Japan)
The most wonderful gift (Turkey).
- "Copyright ©1995 by Susan Milord"--verso of title page.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 124-125) and index.
Benjamin Franklin Award.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
Morningside Elementary School, Suitland Maryland (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Donato, Michael, illustrator.
Williamson Publishing, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|