Dare to lead : brave work, tough conversations, whole hearts / Brené Brown.
- New York : Random House, 
xix, 298 pages ; 22 cm
- Childrens subjects:
- Medical subjects:
- Self-help publications.
- Leadership is not about titles, status, and wielding power. A leader is anyone who takes responsibility for recognizing the potential in people and ideas, and has the courage to develop that potential. When we dare to lead, we don't pretend to have the right answers. We stay curious and ask the right questions. We don't see power as finite and hoard it. We know that power becomes infinite when we share it with others. We don't avoid difficult conversations and situations. We lean into vulnerability when it's necessary to do good work. But daring leadership in a culture defined by scarcity, fear, and uncertainty requires skill-building around traits that are deeply and uniquely human. The irony is that we're choosing not to invest in developing the hearts and minds of leaders at the exact same time as we're scrambling to figure out what we have to offer that machines and artificial intelligence can't do better and faster. What can we do better? Empathy, connection, and courage, to start. Brené Brown has spent the past two decades studying the emotions and experiences that give meaning to our lives, and the past seven years working with transformative leaders and teams spanning the globe. She found that leaders in organizations ranging from small entrepreneurial startups and family-owned businesses to nonprofits, civic organizations, and Fortune 50 companies all ask the same question: How do you cultivate braver, more daring leaders, and how do you embed the value of courage in your culture?
- Introduction: Brave leaders and courage cultures
The moment and the myths
The call to courage
Shame and empathy
Curiosity and grounded confidence
Living into our values
Learning to rise.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 277-286) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Lippincott Library Book Endowment Fund.
- Lippincott Library Book Endowment Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|