A true child of Papua New Guinea : memoir of a life in two worlds / Maggie Wilson ; edited and with additions by Rosita Henry.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
x, 210 pages ; 23 cm
- Wilson, Maggie, 1953-2009.
Racially mixed women -- Papua New Guinea -- Biography.
Papua New Guinea -- Biography.
Ethnology -- Papua New Guinea.
Racially mixed women.
Papua New Guinea.
- "Maggie Wilson was born in the highlands of Papua New Guinea. Wilson's life serves as a window into the social and cultural transformations during the early years of the Australian administration in Papua New Guinea. Started as an autobiography and completed by Rosita Henry after Wilson's death, this ethnography tells her story and about lives she touched"-- Provided by publisher.
- Birth and belonging
Tribal threads: the Elti Penambi
Entwined: law, life and land
Kuta Ridge: the white man's station
My village childhood
Off to school
My first return
Life with the Leahys
Australia in the 1970s
Picking up threads: back to PNG
Tying the knot
A village baby: Olivia
Here comes Maki
The gift of Nadia
Weaving threads: women and politics
Friendship bonds: Haus Poroman (Rosita Henry)
Mending breaks: Haus Krai (Rosita Henry)
Reflections: tying up loose ends (Rosita Henry).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Henry, Rosita, editor, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|