Community schools : people and places transforming education and communities / edited by JoAnne Ferrara and Reuben Jacobson.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield,  , ©2019
xxii, 198 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Community schools -- United States.
Community and school -- United States.
Schools -- Decentralization -- United States.
Educational equalization -- United States.
Educational change -- United States.
- Introduction / JoAnne Ferrara and Reuben Jacobson
1. The community schools movement: Emergence and growth trends / Reuben Jacobson
2. The imagineers of community school leadership / Lynda Tredway, Institute for Educational Leadership, Matthew Militello, East Carolina University
3. Community school teacher leaders enhance learning / Ellen Pais, Sarah Hurst, Deborah Lowe, Jessica Wadle, Jennifer Carey Rosenbaum, Los Angeles Education Partnership, HAAT
4. Re-imagining teacher preparation: The role of community schools / JoAnne Ferrara and Diane Gómez, Manhattanville College
5. The community school coordinator: Connecting hearts and mission / Lissette Gomez, Children's Aid Society
6. Transformative family engagement in community schools / Megan Hester, New York University Metro Center, Natasha Capers, NYC Coalition for Educational Justice
7. The voices for equity: Youth leadership in Oakland community schools / Kendra Fehrer and Aurora Lopez, Stanford University, Oakland Unified School District
8. Community school partnerships and continuous improvement / Adeline Ray and Carl Enger, Chicago Public Schools
9. The role of the school district / Alison McArthur, Tony Majors, and Kelly Noser, Metro Nashville Public Schools.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Ferrara, JoAnne, 1955- editor.
Jacobson, Reuben, 1979- editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Community schools
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|