Recipes From Africa : A Commemoration of the 5th Anniversary of the Multicultural Family Centre's African Women & Children's Program.
- Vancouver, BC : The Multicultural Family Centre, 2001.
- Vancouver, BC : B & B Printing, 2001.
, vi, 43,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Cooking, African.
- Place of Publication:
- Canada British Columbia Vancouver.
- Collator's Note: Cooking and eating African style
Yetakelt Wat-Spicy mixed vegetable stew
Peanut butter soup
Corn flour or Millet flour
Bantu Guinean meat and corn balls
Chapati Ugrandan style
Tangine lamb and artichoke
Akara Wet African bean balls
Ikale style rice & beans
Barbecued chicken with lemon and onions over rice
Frozen banana dessert
Salad with chopped eggs
Grilled chicken with vegetables and barbecue sauce
Baked sweet potatoes
Samp and tomatoes
Creole curried shrimp
Curried chicken with grapefruit
Sweet potato cake
South Carolina candied yams
Georgia Pigler's salmon patties.
- "First Printing May 2001"--Colophon.
"Cover art by Alhaji Hassan Bangurah of Sierra Leone"--Colophon.
Issued in spiral binding.
Contributors' names provided with recipes.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has yellow post it "2/11/2002. Joanna - Hope you enjoy this cookbook. I conducted a workshop at the Community Center. Enjoy! K[---]?"
Banks Collection copy repeats in the contents "Grilled chicken with vegetables and barbecue sauce" twice.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Bangurah, Alhaji Hassan, illustrator.
Multicultural Family Centre (Vancouver, BC) African Women & Children's Program, compiler.
B & B Printing, printer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|