Gene Hovis's uptown down home cookbook / by Gene Hovis with Sylvia Rosenthal.
- Other Title:
- Uptown down home cookbook
- [Book Club Edition]
- Boston : Little, Brown and Company, .
, xii, 235,  pages ; 22 cm
- Cooking, American -- Southern style.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Foreword. Granny Dameron
Appetizers and Hors d'oeuvres: train lunches and munches
Sandwiches, plain and fancy
Soups: funery feasts
Meats: Miss D. and my skillet meals
Poultry and dressings
Fish and shellfish
Vegetables: camp meeting
Muffins, quick breads, and rolls: birthday
Desserts: Cakes and cookies; Pies and tarts; Puddings and fruits: Linen and old lace.
- Edition statement from dustjacket.
"Jacket design by Pearl Lau. Jacket photograph by Peter Vitale."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rosenthal, Sylvia Dworsky, 1911- author.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|