Back home with the Neelys : comfort food from our Southern kitchen to yours / by Pat and Gina Neely ; with Ann Volkwein ; photographs by Alex Farnum.
- First Edition.
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2014.
, 209,  pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Cooking, American -- Southern style.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- For Pat and Gina Neely the secret to a truly happy home is a lively mix of food and family. In their new book, the best-selling authors draw on their down-home roots and revisit the classic Southern recipes that have been passed down through generations. We're drawn into the kitchens of their mothers and grandmothers and back to a time when produce was picked in the backyard garden and catfish was caught on afternoon fishing trips with Grandpa. In their signature style, Pat and Gina have taken the dishes they were raised on and updated them for today's kitchens.
Jams, preserves, breads, and biscuits
Appetizers, snacks, and small bites
Side dishes, veggies, and salads
Smoked and grilled
Casseroles, soups, and stews
Gina's Southern cocktails.
- "This is a Borzoi Book published by Alfred A. Knopf."
"This book was set in Thesis, a typeface created by the Dutch designer Lucas de Groot (born 1963) and released in 1994 by the FontFabrik foundry in Berlin."--A Note on the Type.
"Designed by Maggie Hinders."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Neely, Gina, author.
Volkwein, Ann, author.
Farnum, Alex, 1979- photographer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9780307961334 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|