Travel writing, spectacle and world history [electronic resource].
- Marlborough, Wiltshire, England : Adam Matthew Digital
1 online resource
Began in 2009.
- Travelers' writings, American -- Women authors -- History -- Sources.
Women travelers -- History -- Sources.
Voyages and travels -- History -- Sources.
Americans -- Travel -- History -- Sources.
Americans -- Travel.
Voyages and travels.
- Electronic reference sources.
- Women's travel diaries and correspondence from the Schlesinger Library at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University. Includes manuscripts, diaries, travel journals, correspondence, photographs, postcards and ephemera, from 1818 to the 1970s. The geographical area covered by these diaries is far-reaching, with travel to countries within the British, French, Chinese and American empires and discussion of empire and nationalism, as well as description of the post-colonial world. A great variety of modes of transport are covered, including sea voyages, road trips, wagon trains and air travel.
- Title from home page (publisher's website, viewed June 5, 2013).
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, current owner.
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm), compiler.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|