Soul of the fire / Eliot Pattison.
- First edition.
- New York : Minotaur Books, 2014.
- Pattison, Eliot. Inspector Shan ; 8.
Inspector Shan ; 8
Inspector Shan ; 8.
292 pages ; 25 cm
- Shan, Tao Yun (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
Ex-police officers -- Fiction.
Buddhist monks -- Fiction.
Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
Tibet Autonomous Region (China) -- Fiction.
FICTION -- Mystery & Detective -- Police Procedural.
Murder -- Investigation.
Shan, Tao Yun (Fictitious character)
China -- Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Childrens subjects:
- Suicide -- Fiction
Friendship -- Fiction
Secrets -- Fiction
Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
Tibet Autonomous Region (China) -- Fiction
China -- Fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
Detective and mystery fiction.
Detective and mystery stories.
- "When Shan Tao Yun and his old friend Lokesh are abruptly dragged away by Public Security, he is convinced that their secret, often illegal, support of struggling Tibetans has brought their final ruin. But his fear turns to confusion as he discovers he has been chosen to fill a vacancy on a special international commission investigating Tibetan suicides. Soon he finds that his predecessor was murdered, and when a monk sets himself on fire in front of the commissioners he realizes that the Commission is being used as a tool to whitewash Tibet's self-immolation protests as acts of crime and terrorism. Shan faces an impossible dilemma when the Public Security officer who runs the Commission, Major Ren, orders the imprisoned Lokesh beaten to coerce Shan into following Beijing's script for the Commission. He has no choice but to become part of the hated machine that is devouring Tibet, but when he discovers that the most recent immolation was actually another murder, he realizes the Commission itself is riddled with crime and intrigue. Everywhere he turns, Shan finds new secrets that seem to lead to the last agonizing chapter of his life. Shan must make a final desperate effort to uncover the Commission's terrible secrets whose painful truth could change Shan's life - and possibly that of many Tibetans - forever"-- Provided by publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|