Permutations of responsibility in international law [electronic resource] / edited by Photini Pazartzis, Panos Merkouris.
- Leiden : Brill Nijhoff, .
- Queen Mary studies in international law; v. 36.
Queen Mary studies in international law ; v. 36
1 online resource.
- Liability (Law)
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- data file
- In 'Permutations of Responsibility in International Law' the concept of responsibility in international law is tackled from a multitude of angles. The various contributions, which emerged from the proceedings of the ILA Hellenic Branch Regional Conference (2012), examine both classical and modern issues relating to the nature of responsibility, both as responsibility for unlawful acts and liability for lawful acts, the multifariousness of actors whose actions (or omissions) may give rise to responsibility and finally the plethora of responsibility-related issues that have emerged in different areas of international law, be it international law of the sea, trade and investment or human rights law.
- Intro; Permutations of Responsibility in International Law; Copyright; Contents; Abbreviations; Notes on Contributors; Introduction; 1 Introductory Reflections; Part 1: Subjects of Responsibility: from States to Non-State Actors and Beyond; 2 State Responsibility for Acts of Non-State Actors; 3 The Responsibility of the International Monetary Fund for the Economic Impact of the Application of Conditionality; 4 Corporations and Responsibility under International Law; Part 2: The Multiple Manifestations of Responsibility in Different Legal Regimes
5 The Limits of Responsibility: Liability for Damage in the Deep Seabed?6 Fisheries and State Responsibility: Lessons to be Learned from Recent Case-Law; 7 A Little Less Conversation and a Little More Action (Property and Liability Rules in the DSU Review of the WTO); 8 The Right to Regulate in International Investment Law and the Law of State Responsibility: a Hohfeldian Approach; 9 Shareholders' Injury and Compensation in Investor-State Arbitration; 10 Establishing International Responsibility in Rendition Cases before the European Court of Human Rights; Table of Cases; Table of Treaties
- Includes bibliographical references.
Print version record.
- Pazartzis, Photini, editor.
Merkouris, Panos, editor.
Παζαρτζη, Φωτεινη, editor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license. Access for three concurrent users only.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|