Striking a Balance [electronic resource] : Managing El Nino and La Nina in Vietnam's Agriculture / Sutton, William R.
- Other Title:
- World Bank other research.
- Washington, D.C. : The World Bank, 2019.
- Other Agricultural Study.
World Bank e-Library
Other Agricultural Study.
- Government document
1 online resource
- Local subjects:
- Agriculture. (search)
Climate and Meteorology. (search)
Climate Change and Agriculture. (search)
Crops and Crop Management Systems. (search)
Food Security. (search)
Natural Disasters. (search)
Science and Technology Development. (search)
- This report's purpose is to help Vietnam policy makers and stakeholders prepare for future El Nino-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) events. It does this by providing information on ENSO's agricultural, economic, and poverty impacts in Vietnam and outlining ways forward. The report finds that ENSO's impacts vary from region to region and harm Vietnam's people, economy, and agricultural sector. The country prepared for, and responded to, the 2014-2016 El Nino, but there is still room to improve upon these actions. Being proactive to prepare for ENSO is important because of Vietnam'shigh exposure to climate shocks, the prominence of the agricultural sector in the national economy, the rural population's climate vulnerability, and the lack of researchon ENSO in Vietnam.
- Sutton, William R.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|