Setting Up a Communication Package for the Italian NDC [electronic resource] / Boeri, Tito.
- Other Title:
- World Bank other research.
- Washington, D.C. : The World Bank, 2019.
- Social Protection and Labor Discussion Papers.
World Bank e-Library
Social Protection and Labor Discussion Papers.
- Government document
1 online resource
- Local subjects:
- Financial Literacy. (search)
Labor Markets. (search)
Living Standards. (search)
Pension Reform. (search)
Pensions and Retirement Systems. (search)
Poverty Reduction. (search)
Social Protections and Labor. (search)
- In the last 30 years the Italian pension system was repeatedly reformed and counter-reformed, increasing uncertainty about future pensions. A low level of financial literacy exacerbated this problem. In 2015, the Italian Social Security Institute (INPS) launched a project to allow all insured workers to have more precise information about their future benefits. This paper analyzes the results of a survey carried out to evaluate the project's performance. The findings are encouraging - around 80 percent of respondents rate the INPS service as at least '*very helpful.'* Even if 42 percent of the sample overestimates their future pension, 16 to 29 percent reveal a willingness to change their expectation on retirement income after receiving new information.
- Boeri, Tito.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|