The affairs of the Falcóns : a novel / Melissa Rivero.
- First edition.
- New York, New York : Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers,  , ©2019
277 pages ; 24 cm
- Illegal aliens -- Fiction.
Immigrants -- Fiction.
Peruvians -- United States -- Fiction.
FICTION / Literary.
FICTION / Hispanic & Latino.
FICTION / Women.
- Local subjects:
- Illegal aliens -- New York (State)
Hispanic & Latino fiction.
- Ana Falcón, along with her husband Lucho and their two young children, has fled the economic and political strife of Peru for a chance at a new life in New York City in the 1990s. Being undocumented, however, has significantly curtailed the family's opportunities: Ana is indebted to a loan shark who calls herself Mama, and is stretched thin by unceasing shifts at her factory job. To make matters worse, Ana must also battle both criticism from Lucho's cousin--who has made it obvious the family is not welcome to stay in her spare room for much longer--and escalating and unwanted attention from Mama's husband.
- Other format:
- Online version: Rivero, Melissa. Affairs of the falcóns.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|