Revolution and its alternatives : other marxisms, other empowerments, other priorities / by Tom Brass.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Studies in critical social sciences; v. 129.
Studies in critical social sciences, 1573-4234 ; volume 129
xiii, 298 pages ; 25 cm.
- Revolutions and socialism.
Revolutions and socialism.
- Against the usual argument heard most frequently on the left, that there is no subject for a radical politics together with its form of political mobilization, there is - but in the absence of a radical leftist project, this subject has in the past transferred, and in many instances is still transferring, his/her support to the radical politics on offer from the other end of the ideological spectrum. The combination of on the one hand a globally expanding industrial reserve army, generating ever more intense competition in the labour markets of capitalism, and on the other the endorsement by many on the left not of class but rather of non-class identities espoused by the `new' populist postmodernism, has fuelled what can only be described as a perfect storm, politically speaking.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|