The Routledge handbook of Turkish politics / edited by Alpaslan Özerdem and Matthew Whiting.
- Other Title:
- Handbook of Turkish politics
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2019. , ©2019
xiv, 514 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Kurds -- Turkey -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Kurds -- Turkey -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Kurds -- Politics and government.
Politics and government.
Turkey -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Turkey -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Turkey -- Economic conditions.
Turkey -- Economic policy.
Turkey -- Foreign relations.
- Turkey is going through possibly the most turbulent period in its history, with major consequences both nationally and internationally. The country today looks dramatically different from the Republic founded by Atatürk in 1923 on values including republicanism and laicism. The pace of change has been rapid and fundamental, with core interlinked changes in ruling institutions, political culture, political economy, and society. Divided into six main parts, this Handbook provides a single-source overview of Turkish politics: - Part I: History and the making of Contemporary Turkey - Part II: Politics and Institutions - Part III: The Economy, Environment and Development - Part IV: The Kurdish Insurgency and Security - Part V: State, Society and Rights - Part VI: External Relations This comprehensive Handbook is an essential resource for students of Politics, International Relations, International/Security Studies with an interest on contemporary Turkey.
- History and the making of contemporary Turkey
Turkish politics : structures and dynamics / Samim Akgönul & Baskin Oran
Turkey's never ending search for democracy / Ilter Turan
Turkish secularism : looking forward and beyond the west / Murat Somer
Political Islam / Kristin Fabbe & Efe Murat Balikçioglu
The politics of Turkish nationalism : continuity and change / Durukan Kuzu
Politics and institutions
Elections, parties and the party system / Ersin Kalaycioglu
The presidency : from independence to the AKP / Menderes Çinar & Nalan Soyarik Sentürk
Civil military relations / Metin Heper
NGOs and civil society / Markus Ketola
The media and media policy / Eylm Yanardagoglu
The economy, environment and development
Political economy / Ali Burak Güven
Energy security and policy : between bandwagoning and hedging / H. Akin Ünver
The politics of environment and climate change / Ümit Sahin
The eonomic role of cities / Stephen Karam
Governing the diaspora(s) and the limits of diaspora diplomacy / Bahar Baser
Disaster management policy and governance / Helena Hermansson & Naim Kapucu
The Kurdish insurgency and security
The Kurdish question / Zeynep N. Kaya & Matthew Whiting
The Kurdish insurgency / David Romano
The perennial Kurdish question and failed peace processes / Cengiz Çandar
Terrorism, counter-insurgency and societal relations / Gareth Jenkins
The village guard system : counter-insurgency and local collaboration / Evren Balta
The 15 July 2016 failed coup and the security sector / Yaprak Gürsoy
State, society and rights
Human rights / Zehra F. Kabasakal Arat
Politics and the women's movement / Sevgi Adak
Religious minorities / Samim Akgönül
Religious education / Bekir S. G̈ür
The transformation of health and healthcare / Enis Baris
Foreign policy, 1923-2018 / Mustafa Aydin
Resetting foreign policy in a time of global turmoil / E. Fuat Keyman
Turkey and its neighbours in the Middle East : Iran, Iraq and Syria / Behlül Özkan
US-Turkish relations in turmoil / Kemal Kirisci
Turkey and Russia / Pavel K. Baev
Forgotten promises and the possibilities for reviving relations between Turkey and the EU / Füsun Özerdem
Turkey's Cyprus policy in transition / Birol A. Yesilada
Turkey-NATO relations : strategic imperatives, identity-building and predicaments / Müge Kinacioglu
Turkey and UN peace keeping missions / Haluk Karadag
Turkey as an emerging global humanitarian and peacebuilding actor / Alpaslan Özerdem.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Özerdem, Alpaslan, editor.
Whiting, Matthew, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Routledge handbook of Turkish politics
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|