The wayward : a collection of musical compositions based on the spoken and written words of hobos and other characters - the result of my wanderings in the western part of the United States from 1935-1941 : (1941-1955) / Harry Partch.
- Standardized Title:
- Study score.
- Mainz : Schott, 
- [Milwaukee, Wisconsin] : distributed in North and South America exclusively by Hal Leonard
- Partch, Harry, 1901-1974. Selections (Schott Music (Firm)) Works.
Harry Partch edition
- Musical score
1 score (75 pages) ; 30 cm.
- Partch, Harry, 1901-1974 -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
Songs with instrumental ensemble -- Scores.
Monologues with music (Vocal duet with instrumental ensemble) -- Scores.
Music -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
Barstow (Calif.) -- Songs and music.
San Francisco (Calif.) -- Songs and music.
- English words; also printed as text preceding score (3rd work only).
- Barstow : 8 hitchhikers' inscriptions from a highway railing near Barstow, California (8:00)
San Francisco : a setting of the cries of two newsboys on a foggy night (2:00)
The letter : a depression message from a hobo friend (4:00)
U.S. highball : a musical account of a transcontinental hobo trip (27:00).
- The 1st work for voice, surrogate kithara, guitar III, chromelodeon, and diamond marimba; 2nd work for voice, cello, kithara II, and chromelodeon; 3rd work for voice, kithara II, Pollux (harmonic canon), surrogate kithara, diamond marimba and bass marimba; 4th work for subjective voice (baritone) in a singing manner, objective voice (bass) in a speaking manner, kithara II, surrogate kithara, Castor & Pollux (1 player), chromelodeon, diamond marimba (doubling spoils of war) and bass marimba.
Reproduction from holograph.
Duration: 41 min.
Preface in English with German and French translations.
- Publisher Number:
ED 9345 Schott
HL49033023 Hal Leonard Corporation
49033023 Hal Leonard Corporation
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|