Vanity fair. Episode two [electronic resource] / by William Makepeace Thackeray ; dramatised by Alexander Baron ; producer, Terrance Dicks ; directed by Diarmud Lawrence.
- Other Title:
- Vanity fair. Part 2 of 8
Vanity fair. Episode 2
Academic Video Online.
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 1987.
1 online resource (58 minutes)
- Sharp, Becky (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Young women -- England -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- England -- Drama.
Social classes -- England -- Drama.
England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Fiction television programs.
Romance television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Thackeray's plucky adventuress Becky Sharp claws her way up through society in this lavish period production, produced in the 1980s, which boasts the Battle of Waterloo as one of its set pieces.
- Eve Matheson, Shaughan Seymour, Jack Klaff, Siân Phillips, Freddie Jones, Fiona Walker, David Horovitch, Lucinda Gane, Rebecca Saire, David Swift, Gillian Raine, Benedict Taylor, Robert Lang, Simon Dormandy.
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 24, 2019).
Nominated 1988 BAFTA TV Awards, Best Video Lighting (series)
Nominated 1988 BAFTA TV Awards, Best Costume Design (series)
Nominated 1988 BAFTA TV Awards, Best Video Cameraman (series)
Nominated 1988 BAFTA TV Awards, Best Design (series)
- Lawrence, Diarmuid, director.
Dicks, Terrance, producer.
BBC Worldwide Ltd., film distributor.
British Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|