BSAVA manual of raptors, pigeons and passerine birds [electronic resource] / editors, John Chitty and Michael Lierz.
- Other Title:
- Manual of raptors, pigeons and passerine birds
- Quedgeley : British Small Animal Veterinary Association,  , ©2008
- BSAVA manual series
BSAVA manuals series
1 online resource : color illustrations.
- Birds of prey -- Diseases -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Pigeons -- Diseases -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Passeriformes -- Diseases -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Veterinary medicine -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Avian medicine -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Birds of prey -- Diseases.
Pigeons -- Diseases.
- Medical subjects:
- Bird Diseases.
- Electronic books.
Handbooks and manuals.
- At some stage most veterinary surgeons will be asked to treat one of these types of bird. This Manual provides in-depth coverage of the commonly-kept species and the problems seen in clinical practice. The Manual covers husbandry, medicine and surgery and includes a formulary and laboratory reference ranges. While concentrating on providing easy access to information, the Manual will also serve as an introductory text for those wishing to study the subject in greater depth.
Raptor husbandry and falconry techniques
Pigeon husbandry and racing management
Passerine bird husbandry and show management
Anatomy and physiology
Handling and transport
Examination, triage and hospitalization
Clinical pathology and post-mortem examination
Anaesthesia and analgesia
Advanced non-invasive imaging techniques
Endoscopy, biopsy and endosurgery
Soft tissue surgery
Hard tissue surgery
Raptors: disorders of the feet
Raptors: parasitic disease
Raptors: infectious diseases
Raptors: respiratory problems
Raptors: reproductive disease, incubation and artificial insemination
Raptors: paediatrics and behavioural development and disorders
Raptors: gastrointestinal tract disease
Raptors: feather and skin diseases
Raptors: systemic and non-infectious disorders
Pigeons: the poor performance bird
Pigeons: infectious diseases
Pigeons: respiratory disease
Pigeons: gastrointestinal tract disease
Pigeons: systemic and non-infectious disorders
Passerine birds: nutrition and nutritional diseases
Passerine birds: approach to the sick individual
Passerine birds: going light
Passerine birds: investigation of flock mortality/morbidity
Legal, zoonotic and ethical considerations
Laboratory reference ranges
- Description based on print version record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lierz, Michael, editor.
Chitty, John (Veterinarian) editor.
British Small Animal Veterinary Association.
- Other format:
- Print version: BSAVA manual of raptors, pigeons and passerine birds.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|