Cheju ch'ilmŏridang yŏngdŭng kut = Jeju chilmeoridang yeongdeunggut / National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage. = 제주 칠머리당 영등 굿 = Jeju chilmeoridang yeongdeunggut / National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage.
- Other Title:
- Jeju chilmeoridang yeongdeunggut
- Republic of Korea : National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage,  , [©2010]
1 videodisc (29 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet.
- Cheju Island (Korea) -- Religious life and customs.
Shamanism -- Korea (South) -- Cheju Island -- Customs and practices.
Rites and ceremonies -- Korea (South) -- Cheju Island.
Rites and ceremonies.
Shamanism -- Customs and practices.
Korea (South) -- Cheju Island.
- Narration in English, Korean, or French; with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC.
- "Yeongdeungbaram refers to the wind that blows over Jeju Island in the second month of the lunar calendar, and shamanistic rites performed at village shrines during this windy season are called "yeongdeunggut." The rites for peace at sea and rich hauls of fish are important ceremonies and festivals for locals whose lives revolve around the sea. Jeju Chilmeori Yeongdeunggut, performed at the Chilmeori Shrine in Geonip-dong, is the best example of such rites."--Container.
- Originally issued in box set , Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in Korea.
"Inscribed in 2009 on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in Korea."
- Kungnip Munhwajae Yŏn'guso (Korea)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|