Yeongsanjae / National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage.
- Other Title:
- Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in Korea
- Daejeon : National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage, 2010.
1 videodisc (27 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (6 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm)
- Tripiṭaka. Sūtrapiṭaka.. Saddharmapuṇḍarīkasūtra. -- Liturgical use -- Korea (South).
Tripiṭaka. Sūtrapiṭaka.. Saddharmapuṇḍarīkasūtra.
Korea (South) -- Civilization.
Cultural property -- Korea.
Buddhism -- Korea (South) -- Rituals.
Buddhist chants -- Korea (South).
Buddhism -- Rituals.
- Narration in English, Korean, or French; with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC.
- "Yeongsanjae is a Buddhist ritual combining two elements. First, the reenactment of Buddha's deliverance of the Lotus Sutra to sentient beings on Vulture Peak Mountain in india 2600 years ago. This is combined with a ceremony to lead perished souls to paradise. Buddhist rituals are conducted on the altar to Buddha and have become an important part of culture since Buddhism was introduced to Korea."--Container.
- "Inscribed in 2009 on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in Korea."--DVD cover.
- Kungnip Munhwajae Yŏn'guso (Korea)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|