Confederate home cooking / Patricia B. Mitchell.
- Revised edition
- Chatham, VA : P.B. Mitchell, .
- Mitchell, Patricia (Patricia B.). Patricia B. Mitchell foodways publications
Patricia B. Mitchell foodways publications
, 36 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Cooking, American -- Southern style.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Virginia Chatham.
- "We Cooked ... and Hoped and Prayed". Split pea soup; Household dried apple pie; Country-style scalloped potatoes; Potato patties; Carolina red rice; "To boil rice"; Rice-nested eggs; "Baked eggs for dinner"; Rye coffee; Cornmeal coffee; "To make vinegar"; Plantation ginger cake; Hard times spice cake; Whisper o' honey glaze; Old-fashioned sorghum (or molasses) drop cakes; A lady's touch corn bread; Nitty gritty corn bread; "Greens"; Dixie hominy; "Batter puddings without eggs"; "Berry pudding without milk or eggs"; Southern caviar salad; "Cheap soup-for the poor"; Black-eyed peas over rice; Zucchini "crab" cakes; "To make spruce beer"; "Cherry or blackberry cordial"; "Blackberry wine"; "Persimmon beer"; "To raise bread without yeast"; Carolina choice rice (or grits) muffins (or loaf); Low country rice pudding; Spoon bread; Cracklin' bread; Sweet potato biscuits; Sweet potato-cinnamon biscuits; Yam-parsley drop biscuits; Let's pretend it's apple pie; "Robert E. Lee cake"; Scalloped tomatoes
- "Copyright © 1990, 1991 by Patricia B. Mitchell."
"Thirteenth Printing, March 2002"
Includes bibliographical references (pages 36-37).
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy is "Thirteenth Printing, March 2002".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|