Culinaria : the Caribbean : a culinary discovery / written and edited by Rosemary Parkinson ; project and art direction Peter Feierabend ; photography by Clem Johnson, Ruprecht Stempell.
- Other Title:
- Caribbean a culinary discovery
- Köln : Könemann, ©1999.
460 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 30 cm
- Cooking, Caribbean.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Cologne.
- Deals with both cultural and culinary aspects of the Caribbean. Includes recipes which focus on Caribbean foodstuffs generally available outside the Caribbean region.
Turks & Caicos
The Cayman Islands
St. Maarten/St. Martin
Antigua & Barbuda
St. Kitts & Nevis
Commonwealth of Dominica
Martinique, Guadeloupe & Marie-Galante
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Margarita and El Coche
Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao.
- "This book's ambition is to document and honor the fascinating uniqueness of the Caribbean through the eyes and palates of its people. Along with the recipes, an effort has been made to record as carefully as possible bits and pieces of 'island life'."--Introduction.
Includes bibliographical references (page 450) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Feierabend, Peter, project direcctor.
Stempell, Ruprecht, photographer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|