Chef Jeff cooks : in the kitchen with America's inspirational new culinary star / Jeff Henderson.
- [First Scribner hardcover edition]
- New York : Scribner, 2008.
xvi, , 264,  pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Cooking, American.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- An award-winning chef traces his rise from being a prison inmate and dishwasher to the first African-American Chef de Cuisine at Caesar's Palace and executive chef at Café Bellagio, in a text with 150 recipes inspired by his cultural heritage.
- Introduction by Chef Jeff
Stocks and broths
Appetizers. Story: Granddaddy in the kitchen
Sauces and condiments. Sory: My first cooking job
Soulful soups and chowders
Vinaigrettes and dressings
Family-style sandwiches. Story: The Hotel Bel-Air
Vegetables and greens. Story: On my Own
Potatoes, starches, and grains. Story: The Bentley of Them All
Time to grill
Baked Breads and Sweets
Ice cream and sweets. Story: Kitchen Central.
- "As seen on food network"--Cover.
"First Scribner hardcover edition October 2008"
"Designed by Kyoko Watanabe."
"Text set in Sabon."
Includes bibliographical references (page 247) index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|