Harlem really cooks / by Sandra Lawrence ; illustrations by Benny Andrews.
- [First Edition]
- New York : Lake Isle Press, ©2006.
- Lanham, MD : Distributed to the trade by National Book Network
192 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- African American cooking.
Cooking -- New York (State) -- New York.
Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Miscellanea.
African American cooking.
New York (State) -- New York.
New York (State) -- New York -- Harlem.
- Trivia and miscellanea.
Trivia and miscellanea.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States Maryland Lanham.
- Winter. I got the blues comfort pot; Saturday at Doll's House; Sunday pot roast dinner; A Christmas; Kwanzaa; New Year's Day; Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday; Holiday brunch
Spring. Easter in Harlem; A Dougla feast; Homecoming; Memorial Day; Graduation dinner; Chicken gone fancy; Spring breakfast
Summer. Christina's world; Pork chop passion; Brownstone dining; Ancestors' gift; Harlem fish-fry; Fourth of July; Who's frying chicken now?; Breakfast at Silvercrest
Autumn. Baba Paul in the kitchen; Lima bean seduction; African-French-Honduran-Jamaican fusion; Cod fish lookin' good ; Thanksgiving in Harlem; This was was Harlem; What the men cook for breakfast.
- "Book and cover design: Ellen Swandiak."
"The nouvelle soul food of Harlem"--Cover.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Andrews, Benny, 1930-2006, illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 1891105183 :
- Publisher Number:
- 9781891105180 51695
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|