The new low-country cooking : 125 recipes for coastal southern cooking with innovative style / Marvin Woods ; foreword by Karen Hess.
- [First Edition]
- [New York] : William Morrow, an imprint of HarpercollinsPublishers .
xiii, , 224 pages,  uncounted color plates : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Cooking, American -- Southern style.
Cooking, American -- Southern style.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Presents recipes chosen from the culinary heritage of the region around Charleston, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgia, and redesigned for modern tastes.
- Stocks, sauces, and gravies
Rice, pilau, starches, and grains
Vegetables, mash, and circuit hash
Gems from the sea
Ribs, chops, and loins
The Southerner's sweet tooth
Refreshing and relaxing beverages.
- "Designed by Leah Carlson-Stansic"
"Photographs copyright © 2000 by Quentin Bacon."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has  loose leaf with ms. annotations laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Hess, Karen, writer of foreword.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0688172059 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|