Ghosts of our forest [electronic resource] / Loud Roar Productions ; written and directed by Daniel Roher ; produced by Daniel Roher, Isis Essery, Lisa Trogisch.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Cinema Guild, 2017.
1 online resource (63 minutes)
- Batwa (African people) -- Uganda -- Social conditions.
Batwa (African people) -- Uganda -- Ethnic identity.
Batwa (African people) -- Uganda -- Music.
Internally displaced persons -- Uganda.
Folk music -- Uganda.
- Documentary films.
- Dialogue in indigenous language and English, with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- video file
- In 1992, the indigenous pygmy Batwa people of Uganda were forcefully removed from their ancestral homes by the government to protect the endangered gorilla population. Left with no compensation or resettlement plans, most Batwa people now live in poverty, forced to make a living by guiding tourists through their old homes. With the Batwa population rapidly dwindling, 24-year-old Gad Semejeri starts the Batwa Music Club.
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 16, 2019).
- Roher, Daniel, director, producer, screenwriter.
Trogisch, Lisa, producer.
Essery, Isis, producer.
Loud Roar Productions, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|