The Spanish experimentals. Tone poem with hang drum [electronic resource] = (Poema en 4 dimensions con hang drum) / director, producer & script, Eve A. Ma ; composer-musician, Liron Mann ; Palomino Productions.
- Other Title:
- Poema en 4 dimensions con hang drum
Tone poem with hang drum
Academic Video Online.
- Berkeley, CA : Palomino Pro, 2016.
1 online resource (19 minutes)
- Spain -- Social life and customs.
- Experimental films.
- In Spanish, with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- I first met musician/composer Liron Mann in Spain, in Jerez de la Frontera, several years ago. He was sitting on a bench in one of the main squares in the city, playing a strange-looking instrument with a beautiful tone. It looked a little bit like a tiny flying saucer. I stopped, asked what the instrument was called, and he told me "hang drum." I immediately asked if we could get together to talk. We later decided that he would come to my flat, and I would film him playing original, improvised compositions. These compositions are gorgeous; and they made me start thinking. This experimental film consists of his playing, and the images and story that his music created in my mind. Liron Mann has since changed his name to Liron Man (only one "n") and the inventors of the hang drum, a pair of Austrian engineers, if I remember correctly, have since changed the name of the instrument to "hang," then "hand pan," then who knows what. But I'm staying with what I was told when I created this: Liron Mann, and hang drum.
- Liron Mann, hang drum ; Pilar Yamuza, lead actress ; Felicia German, supporting actress.
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 25, 2019).
- Ma, Eve A., director, producer.
Palomino Productions, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|