Achieving behavioral health equity for children, families, and communities : proceedings of a workshop / Sarah M. Tracey [and 3 others], rapporteurs ; Forum for Children's Well-being: Promoting Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Health for Children and Youth ; Roundtable on the Promotion of Health Equity ; Board on Children, Youth, and Families ; Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education ; Health and Medicine Division ; The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine.
- Washington, DC : The National Academies Press,  , ©2019
- Conference Name:
- Achieving Health Equity : Promoting Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Health Equity for Children, Families, and Communities (Workshop) (2017 : Washington, D.C.), author.
xi, 114 pages ; illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Mental health services -- United States -- Congresses.
Child mental health services -- United States -- Congresses.
Health services accessibility -- United States -- Congresses.
Community mental health services -- United States -- Congresses.
Teenagers -- Mental health services -- United States -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Health Equity.
Mental Health Services.
Health Services Accessibility.
- "In November 2017, the The Forum on Promoting Children's Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Health, in collaboration with the Roundtable on the Promotion of Health Equity, convened a workshop on promoting children's behavioral health equity. The workshop used a socio-ecological developmental model to explore health equity of children and families, including those with complex needs and chronic conditions. Particular attention was paid to challenges experienced by children and families in both rural and urban contexts, to include but not limited to poverty, individual and institutional racism, low-resourced communities, and hindered access to educational and health care services. Workshop participants also engaged in solution-oriented discussions of initiatives, policies, and programs that aim to improve social determinants of health, opportunities for behavioral health promotion, and access to quality services that address the behavioral health of all children and families. This publication summarizes the presentations and discussion of the event"--Publisher's description
- Introduction to the workshop and proceedings
Introduction to health equity and social determinants of health
Opportunities for advancing behavioral health equity through state and local policy
Addressing quality and access : promoting behavioral health in rural communities
Addressing historical, intergenerational, and chronic trauma : impacts on children, families, and communities
Accelerating the rate of learning through population-based research strategies
Creating partnerships and engaging communities
Implementing family-focused preventive interventions
Adopting restorative policies and practices to achieve health equity
A pathway forward for equity
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 83-86).
- Kellogg, Erin, rapporteur.
Sanchez, Clarissa E., rapporteur
Keenan, Wendy, rapporteur
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Forum for Children's Well-Being: Promoting Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Health for Children and Youth, issuing body.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (U.S.). Roundtable on the Promotion of Health Equity. issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|