Energy and ethics? / edited by Mette M. High and Jessica M. Smith.
- First edition.
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : John Wiley, 2019.
- Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute. Special issue
Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute Special Issue Series ; volume 25, S1 2019
194 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Power resources -- Moral and ethical aspects.
Energy industries -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Introduction : the ethical constitution of energy dilemmas / Mette M. High & Jessica M. Smith
Projects of devotion : energy exploration and moral ambition in the cosmoeconomy of oil and gas in the western United States / Mette M. High
The solar good : energy ethics in poor markets / Jamie Cross
Orphaned wells, oil assets, and debt : the competing ethics of value creation and care within petrocapitalist projects of return / Caura Wood
Boom to bust, ashes to (coal) dust : the contested ethics of energy exchanges in a declining US coal market / Jessica M. Smith
The ordinary ethics of charcoal in northern Madagascar / Andrew Walsh
Consulting virtue : from judgement to decision-making in the natural gas industry / Arthur Mason
Fuel of fear and force : gasoline's energetic power and its entanglement in composite ethics / Amy Penfield
Greater goods : ethics, energy, and other-than-human speech / Cymene Howe
Conclusion : energy ethics and ethical worlds / Hannah Appel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- High, Mette M., editor.
Smith, Jessica M., editor.
Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|