Brehe's Grammar Anatomy [electronic resource] Steven Brehe
- [Place of publication not identified] University of North Georgia Press 
- Minneapolis, MN Open Textbook Library
- Open Textbook Library.
Open textbook library.
1 online resource
- Language and languages -- Textbooks.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Brehe's Grammar Anatomy makes grammar accessible to general and specialist readers alike. This book provides an in-depth look at beginner grammar terms and concepts, providing clear examples with limited technical jargon. Whether for academic or personal use, Brehe's Grammar Anatomy is the perfect addition to any resource library. Features: Practice exercises at the end of each chapter, with answers in the back of the book, to help students test and correct their comprehension Full glossary and index with cross-references Easy-to-read language supports readers at every learning stage
- Introduction: Grammar? What Grammar?
1 Together Forever: Subjects and Predicates
2 The Indispensables: Nouns and Verbs
3 Get Tense: Verb Tense, Principal Parts, and Irregular Verbs
4 Tall, Dark, and Wordsome: Adjectives
5 Inevitably, Adverbs
6 Among the Prepositions
7 You and I and the Personal Pronouns
8 You Did What?: Verbs and Their Complements
9 All Together Now: Conjunctions, Compounds, and Subordinate Clauses
10 Sentencing Guidelines: Building Sentences with Clauses
11 Relative Clauses, Which We Need
12 I Know That You Know What They Are: Nominal Clauses
13 They're So Dependent: Distinguishing Dependent Clauses
14 What, More?: Verbs and Voice, Infinitives, and Passive Complements
15 They're So Common: More on Nouns
16 Zowie!: Interjections and the Eight Parts of Speech
17 Those Verbing Verbals: Gerunds and Participles
18 To Boldly Verb: Infinitives
19 What's That?: More Pronouns
20 Many Things: (But no Cabbages or Kings)
21 Keeping Those Little Puncs in Line: A Brief Review of Punctuation
- Description based on online resource
- Brehe, Steven author
Open Textbook Library distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|