The evolutionary ecology of immunity [electronic resource] / Paul Schmid-Hempel.
- London : Henry Stewart Talks, 2007.
- Henry Stewart talks. Biomedical & life sciences collection. Evolution and medicine.
Evolution and medicine : how new applications advance research and practice, 2056-452X
1 online resource (1 streaming video file (45 min.)) : color, sound.
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Contents: Why immune defense matters
Asking for evolutionary reasons and constraints
Using immune defenses is very costly for the individual
The nature of the costs
Differences among the sexes
Specific defenses and their impact
What would be the best defense
Parasites are interfering
The consequences for medicine.
- Animated audio-visual presentation with synchronized narration.
Title from title frames.
- Publisher Number:
- 1503 Henry Stewart Talks
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|