Protein aggregation, metals and oxidative stress in neurodegenerative diseases [electronic resource] / David Allsop.
- London : Henry Stewart Talks, 2007.
- Henry Stewart talks. Biomedical & life sciences collection. Protein folding, aggregation and design : concepts, experiments, theories and mechanisms.
Protein folding, aggregation and design : concepts, experiments, theories and mechanisms, 2056-452X
1 online resource (1 streaming video file (44 min.)) : color, sound.
- Medical subjects:
- Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Contents: Introduction to protein conformational brain diseases
Alzheimer's disease, A-beta and tau
A-beta oligomers and toxicity
A-beta generates hydrogen peroxide
Results from experiments using electron spin resonance spectroscopy
Generation of hydrogen peroxide from alpha synuclein, toxic fragments of the prion protein and the familial British dementia peptide
Early oligomers appear to generate hydrogen peroxide
Protein aggregates could be protective
Potential common toxic pathway for these brain diseases.
- Animated audio-visual presentation with synchronized narration.
Title from title frames.
- Publisher Number:
- 1334 Henry Stewart Talks
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|