Spain [electronic resource]
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, 2018.
- IMF eLibrary
IMF Staff Country Reports; Country Report ; No. 18/330
IMF Staff Country Reports
- Government document
1 online resource (82 pages)
- Spain's economy has continued to grow strongly, reflecting its improved fundamentals. However, especially the young generation still faces daunting economic challenges. In the meantime, several downside risks are clouding the medium-term outlook. Externally, they comprise sudden changes in investors' global risk appetite, escalating global protectionism, and weakening conditions in emerging economies. Domestically, they include pressure to reverse reforms, continued procyclical fiscal policy, and prolonged uncertainty related to Catalonia. These could hurt the economy particularly in an environment of high public debt and structural unemployment as well as sluggish productivity growth, which is set to slow Spain's income convergence.
- Part of the IMF eLibrary collection.
Description based on print version record.
- Other format:
- Print Version: Spain
- 1484385713 :
- Publisher Number:
- 10.5089/9781484385715.002 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|