Biotechnological Applications of Polyhydroxyalkanoates [electronic resource] / edited by Vipin Chandra Kalia.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (XII, 420 pages) : 42 illustrations, 34 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
Regenerative Medicine/Tissue Engineering.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book presents the latest research on the uses of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA), introducing readers to these natural, biodegradable polyesters produced by microorganisms, their functions and applications. The individual chapters discuss the various potentials of these bioplastics, which offer an attractive alternative to non-biodegradable plastics. The book also describes the diverse medical and biomedical applications of PHAs, including their use as drug carriers, memory enhancers, and biocontrol agents, and examines their role in creating a more sustainable economy - which is the need of the hour. .
- Chapter 1. The Dawn of Novel Biotechnological Applications of Polyhydroxyalkanoates
Chapter 2. Strategy for biosynthesis of polyhydroxyalkonates polymers/copolymers and their application in drug delivery
Chapter 3. Applications of Polyhydroxyalkanoates and its metabolites as transporters for bioactive molecules
Chapter 4. Polyhydroxyalkanoates applications in antimicrobial agents' delivery and wound healing
Chapter 5. Polyhydroxyalkanoates applications in Drug Carriers
Chapter 6. Applications of polyhydroxyalkanoate based nanovehicles
Chapter 7. Memory enhancers
Chapter 8. Novel Biocontrol Agents: Short Chain Fatty Acids And More Recently, Polyhydroxyalkanoates
Chapter 9. Potential Therapeutic Applications of Polyhydroalkanoates and Their Composites as Anti-microbial Agents
Chapter 10. Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) - Applications in Wound Treatment and as Precursors for Oral Drugs
Chapter 11. Exploiting Polyhydroxyalkanoates for Tissue Engineering
Chapter 12. CH4-based polyhydroxyalkanoate production: a step further towards a sustainable bioeconomy
Chapter 13. Applications of PHA in Agriculture
Chapter 14. Polyhydroxyalkanoates in Packaging
Chapter 15. Approaches for Enhancing Extraction of bacterial polyhydroxyalkanoates for Industrial Applications
Chapter 16. Nanofibers from polyhydroxyalkanoates and their applications in tissue engineering.
- Kalia, Vipin Chandra, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-981-13-3759-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|