Essential Oil Research [electronic resource] : Trends in Biosynthesis, Analytics, Industrial Applications and Biotechnological Production / edited by Sonia Malik.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (XVI, 449 pages) : 70 illustrations, 27 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Plant Biochemistry.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book highlights the advances in essential oil research, from the plant physiology perspective to large-scale production, including bioanalytical methods and industrial applications. The book is divided into 4 sections. The first one is focused on essential oil composition and why plants produce these compounds that have been used by humans since ancient times. Part 2 presents an update on the use of essential oils in various areas, including food and pharma industries as well as agriculture. In part 3 readers will find new trends in bioanalytical methods. Lastly, part 4 presents a number of approaches to increase essential oil production, such as in vitro and hairy root culture, metabolic engineering and biotechnology. Altogether, this volume offers a comprehensive look at what researchers have been doing over the last years to better understand these compounds and how to explore them for the benefit of the society.
Part 1. Essential oils composition and why plants produce them
Chapter 1. Essential oils
Chapter 2. Factors influencing the production and chemical composition of essential oil in aromatic plants from Brazil
Chapter 3. Hedychium Essential Oils: Composition and Uses
Chapter 4. The Essential Oils of the Burseraceae
Part 2. Uses of essential oils in various industries
Chapter 5. Essential oil of betel leaf (Piper betle L.): A novel addition to the world food sector
Chapter 6. Artemisia annua and A. afra essential oils and their therapeutic potential
Chapter 7. Outstanding Efficacy of Essential Oils Against Oral Pathogens
Chapter 8. Chemical diversity and insecticidal and anti-tick activities of essential oils of plants from Northeast Brazil
Part 3. Extraction and Bioanalytical Techniques
Chapter 9. Adulteration Analysis in Essential Oils
Chapter 10. Essential Oils from Pines: Chemistry and Applications
Part 4. Strategies and Technologies for Essential Oil Production
Chapter 11. Biotechnological approaches to increase essential oil yield and quality in aromatic plants: the Lavandula latifolia (Spike lavender) example. Past and recommendations for the future
Chapter 12. The phytochemical composition, biological effects, and biotechnological pproaches to the production of high value essential oil from geranium
Chapter 13. Biotechnological production of aromatic oils from plants
Chapter 14. The role of biotechnology in essential oils production from non-herbaceous plants
Chapter 15. Eremothecium oil biotechnology as a novel technology for the modern essential oil production
- Malik, Sonia, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-16546-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|