Handbook of Space Pharmaceuticals [electronic resource] / edited by Yashwant Pathak, Marlise Araújo dos Santos, Luis Zea.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource
- Pharmaceutical technology.
- Local subjects:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Technology.
Aerospace Technology and Astronautics.
Space Sciences (including Extraterrestrial Physics, Space Exploration and Astronautics).
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This two-volume handbook, directed at medical professionals who are involved in developing the space industry or are academicians (such as at Harvard, Stanford, and MIT) doing research in this area, covers current pharmaceutical knowledge about the difference in medication efficacy in space versus on Earth and includes trial results and best practices for the space research and travel industry. The well-known contributors come from an interdisciplinary background and address all aspects of the subject, from the physiological impact of spaceflight to the effects of radiation. As the commercial space industry expands its operations in industry and tourism, the field of space pharmaceuticals is growing commensurately. Existing pharmacological research from space is thoroughly covered in this book, and Earth applications are also described. Potential pharmacological solutions are posed along with the known challenges and examples from existing studies, which are detailed at length. This major reference work is a comprehensive and important medical resource for all space industry players.
- Section I: Principles of Pharmaceuticals
Section II: Effects of Spaceflight on Human Physiology and its Consequences on Drug Treatment
Section III: Model Organisms for Pharmaceutical Research in Space
Section IV: Simulated Microgravity for Pharmaceutical Research
Section V: Translating Knowledge from Spaceflight Research to Earth Applications
Section VI: Nutritional and Alternative Approaches to Treatment in Space
Section VII: Spaceflight Medical Incidents and Potential Pharmaceutical Solutions.
- Pathak, Yashwant, editor., Editor,
Araújo dos Santos, Marlise. editor., Editor,
Zea, Luis, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature Living Reference
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-50909-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|