Crop Rotation [electronic resource] : An Approach to Secure Future Food / by Samiha Ouda, Abd El-Hafeez Zohry, Tahany Noreldin.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (VIII, 194 pages) : 122 illustrations, 41 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
Water and Health.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book tackles the issue of using crop rotation to increase food production and secure it for the growing population of the future. Crop rotation can be a solution of food gaps in the developing counties. Crop rotation plays an important role in attaining soil sustainability and in controlling pests and weeds. It can alleviate damage caused by climate change by reducing losses in productivity of the crops, minimizing soil fertility loss and increase irrigation water productivity. This book also includes the reviews of a large number of crop rotations that have been published internationally, and additionally, the crop rotations that have been implemented in Egypt have a unique characteristic to them and therefore, a large number of those reviews have also been included.
- Chapter 1: Introductory Synopsis of the Natural Resources Involved in Food Production
Chapter 2: Irrigation Scheduling to Maximize Water Utilization of the Crop Rotation
Chapter 3: Crop Rotation Increases Land Productivity
Chapter 4: Crop Rotation Maintains Soil Sustainability
Chapter 5: Crop Rotation Defeats Pests and Weeds
Chapter 6: Crop Rotation Could Diminish Summer Feed Gap in Egypt
Chapter 7: Crop Rotation and Edible Oil Production-Consumption Gap in Egypt
Chapter 8: Suggested Crop Rotations to Increase Food Security and Reduce Water Scarcity
Chapter 9: Crop Rotation Could Alleviate Climate Change Damage.
- Zohry, Abd El-Hafeez, author., Author,
Noreldin, Tahany. author., Author,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-05351-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|