Spider Venoms [electronic resource] / edited by P. Gopalakrishnakone, Gerardo A. Corzo, Elia Diego-Garcia, Maria Elena de Lima.
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (550 pages) : 30 illustrations, 15 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Biomedicine general.
Life Sciences, general.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- In recent years, the field of Toxinology has expanded substantially. On the one hand it studies venomous animals, plants and micro organisms in detail to understand their mode of action on targets. While on the other, it explores the biochemical composition, genomics and proteomics of toxins and venoms to understand their three interaction with life forms (especially humans), development of antidotes and exploring their pharmacological potential. Therefore, Toxinology has deep linkages with biochemistry, molecular biology, anatomy and pharmacology. In addition, there is a fast developing applied subfield, clinical toxinology, which deals with understanding and managing medical effects of toxins on human body. Given the huge impact of toxin-based deaths globally, and the potential of venom in generation of drugs for so-far incurable diseases (for example, Diabetes, Chronic Pain), the continued research and growth of the field is imminent. This has led to the growth of research in the area and the consequent scholarly output by way of publications in journals and books. Despite this ever growing body of literature within biomedical sciences, there is still no all-inclusive reference work available that collects all of the important biochemical, biomedical and clinical insights relating to Toxinology. The Handbook of Toxinology aims to address this gap and cover the field of Toxinology comprehensively.
- Gopalakrishnakone, P. editor., Editor,
Corzo, Gerardo A. editor., Editor,
Diego-García, Elia, editor., Editor,
Lima, Maria Elena de, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer Nature Living Reference
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-94-007-6646-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|