Approaches to Enhance Industrial Production of Fungal Cellulases / edited by Manish Srivastava, Neha Srivastava, Pramod W. Ramteke, Pradeep Kumar Mishra.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
Fungal Biology, 2198-7777
Fungal Biology, 2198-7777
1 online resource (XV, 209 pages) : 30 illustrations, 23 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Mycology. (search)
Plant Breeding/Biotechnology. (search)
Plant Biochemistry. (search)
Plant Genetics and Genomics. (search)
Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Cellulase is a key enzyme of industrial interest and plays a crucial role in the hydrolysis of cellulose, a prime component of plant cell walls. Cellulase covers a broad area in the global market of industrially important enzymes and it is considered as the third largest industrial enzyme globally. Additionally, cellulase contributes about 20% of the total enzyme market globally because of its massive demand in various industries such as in biofuel production, pulp, paper, textile, food, and beverages, as well as in detergent industries. Among these, the demand of cellulase may become frequently selected in the commercial production of biofuels in the future and thus will further increase demand of cellulase in the biofuel industry. Because biofuel production is still not realized in a cost-effective, practical implementation due to its high cost (the higher cost of biofuels is due to higher production costs of enzymes), there is a need to introduce these types of approaches, which will help to lower the cost of enzyme production for developing overall economic biofuel production.
Role of solid state fermentation to improve cost economy of cellulase production
Submerged fermentation for fungal cellulase production
Significance of process parameters to improve cellulase system; role of non-enzymatic protein to improve cellulose hydrolysis
Assessment of thermophilic/thermostable cellulase for industrial purposes
How purity alters cellulase and its cost in industries
Efficiency analysis of crude verses pure cellulase in industries
Cost effective techniques for cellulase purification for industries
Strategies to reuse cellulase and immobilization of enzymes
Significance of feedstock on industrial cellulases
Current advancements in recombinant technology for industrial cellulases
Novel metagenomics, genomics, and secretomics approaches underway to identify improved sources of cellulases
- Srivastava, Manish, editor., Editor,
Srivastava, Neha. editor., Editor,
Ramteke, Pramod W. editor., Editor,
Mishra, Pradeep Kumar. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-14726-6 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|