Synthesis of Therapeutic Oligonucleotides [electronic resource] / edited by Satoshi Obika, Mitsuo Sekine.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (VIII, 284 pages) : 208 illustrations, 35 illustrations in color.
- Pharmaceutical technology.
- Local subjects:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Technology.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book presents the latest knowledge on a broad range of topics relating to the synthesis of natural and artificial oligonucleotides with therapeutic potential. Nucleic acid-based therapeutics are attracting much attention, and numerous therapeutic oligonucleotides, such as antisense oligonucleotides, siRNAs, splice-switching oligonucleotides, and nucleic acid aptamers, are being evaluated in clinical trials for the treatment of a variety of diseases. Synthesis of Therapeutic Oligonucleotides covers a broad range of topics in the field that are of high relevance to researchers, including the synthesis of natural and chemically modified oligonucleotides, the development of novel nucleic acid analogs, industrial scale synthesis and purification of oligonucleotides, and important aspects of chemistry, manufacturing, and controls (CMC). The aim is to provide new insights and inspire fresh ideas in nucleic acid chemistry that may ultimately lead to novel concepts and techniques and the discovery of more effective nucleic acid drugs. The book will be of high value for both established researchers in the field and students intending to specialize in nucleic acid chemistry research.
- Part 1. Synthesis of Natural Oligonucleotides
Chapter 1. Non-protected Synthesis of Oligonucleotides
Chapter 2. Various Coupling Agents in the Phosphoramidite Method for Efficient Oligonucleotide Synthesis
Chapter 3. Recent Development of Chemical Synthesis of RNA
Chapter 4. RNA Synthesis Using the CEM Group
Chapter 5. Liquid-Phase Synthesis of Oligonucleotides
Chapter 6. Large-Scale Oligonucleotide Manufacturing
Part 2: Synthesis and Properties of Artificial Oligonucleotides
Chapter 1. Nucleosides and Oligonucleotides Incorporating 2-Thiothymine or 2-Thiouracil Derivatives as Modified Nucleobases
Chapter 2. Site-Specific Modification of nucleobases in oligonucleotides
Chapter 3. Four-Hydrogen-Bonding Base Pairs in Oligonucleotides: Design, Synthesis, and Properties
Chapter 4. Photo-Cross-Linkable Artificial Nucleic Acid: Synthesis and Property of 3-Cyanovinylcarbazole-modified Nucleic Acids and Its Photo-induced Gene-Silencing Activity in Cells
Chapter 5. Effects of 2´-O-Modifications on RNA Duplex Stability
Chapter 6. 2',4'-Bridged Nucleic Acids Containing Plural Heteroatoms in the Bridge Moiety
Chapter 7. Synthesis and Therapeutic Applications of Oligonucleotides Containing 2'-O,4'-C-Ethylene- and 3'-O,4'-C-Propylene-Bridged Nucleotides
Chapter 8. RNA Bioisosters: Chemistry and Properties of 4'-ThioRNA and 4'-SelenoRNA
Chapter 9. Development of Triplex Forming Oligonucleotide including Artificial Nucleoside Analogues for the Antigene Strategy
Chapter 10. Chemical Synthesis of Boranophosphate Deoxyribonucleotides.
- Obika, Satoshi. editor., Editor,
Sekine, Mitsuo. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-981-13-1912-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|