The Oxford handbook of ethics and economics [electronic resource] / edited by Mark D. White.
- Other Title:
- Ethics and economics
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Oxford handbooks online
Oxford handbooks in economics and finance.
Oxford handbooks online
1 online resource.
- Economics -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- System Details:
- data file
- The Oxford Handbook of Ethics and Economics provides a thorough survey of the various ways ethics can, does, and should inform economic theory and practice. The first part of the book, Foundations, explores how the most prominent schools of moral philosophy relate to economics; asks how morals relevant to economic behavior may have evolved; and explains how various approaches to economics incorporate ethics into their work. The second part, Applications, looks at the ethics of commerce, finance, and markets; uncovers the moral dilemmas involved with making decisions regarding social welfare, risk, and harm to others; and explores how ethics is relevant to major topics within economics, such as health care and the environment.
- Adam Smith and the Study of Ethics in a Commercial Society / Stefanie Haeffele, Virgil Henry Storr
Human Ethicality: Evidence and Insights from Behavioral Economics / Sanjit Dhami, Ali al-Nowaihi
Ethics and Economics: A Complex Systems Approach / John B. Davis
Evolution and Moral Motivation in Economics / Geoffrey M. Hodgson
Economics and Ethics within the Austrian School of Economics / Peter Boettke, Kaitlyn Woltz
Feminist Economics and Ethics / Ulrike Knobloch
Economy and Culture: The Importance of Sense-Making / Arjo Klamer
Humane Markets: The Classical Tradition of Political Economy / James R. Otteson
Capitalism and Democracy: Allies, Rivals, or Strangers? / Julian Reiss
Virtue and Economics, Horse and Cart / Jennifer A. Baker
The Moral Status of Profit / Joseph Heath
The Ethics of Making Risky Decisions for Others / Luc Bovens
Ethics And, In, and For Labor Markets / Michael S. McPherson, Debra Satz
Economics, Ethics, and Health Insurance / Daniel M. Hausman
Deontological Morality and Economic Analysis of Law / Eyal Zamir, Barak Medina
The Ethics and Economics of Ecological Justice / David Schmidtz
Civil Rights, Employment, and Race / Brendan O'Flaherty
The Tragedy of Economics: On the Nature of Economic Harm and the Responsibilities of Economists / George F. DeMartino
Cost-Benefit Analysis and Social Welfare Functions / Matthew D. Adler
Lessons from Economics / John Broome
The Ethics of Money and Finance / Joakim Sandberg
The Normative Economics of Social Risk / Marc Fleurbaey
Economic Ethics and the Capability Approach / Constanze Binder, Ingrid Robeyns
With All Due Respect: A Kantian Approach to Economics / Mark D. White
Ethical Pluralism in Economics / Jonathan B. Wight
Morality as a Complex Adaptive System: Rethinking Hayek's Social Ethics / Gerald Gaus
On the Evolution of Ethics, Rationality, and Economic Behavior / David C. Rose.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on June 10, 2019).
- White, Mark D., 1971- editor.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- 9780191835797 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|