Industrial overcapacity and duplicate construction in China : reasons and solutions / Li Ping, Jiang Feitao, Cao Jianhai.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., 
- Series on Chinese economics research; v. 15.
Series on Chinese economics research ; vol. 15
xxix, 261 pages ; 24 cm.
- Industrial capacity -- China.
Industries -- China -- 21st century.
China -- Economic conditions -- 2000-
Industrial policy -- China.
- "Since 2012, industrial overcapacity has become an increasingly serious problem in China, against the backdrop of domestic economic slowdown and continued downturn in international markets. Overcapacity is widespread in the traditional manufacturing sector, particularly in iron and steel, cement, electrolytic aluminium, flat glass, and ship-building industries. It is also grave in emerging industries such as polysilicon, solar cells, and wind power equipment. This book provides an overview on the overcapacity problem facing China and examines the main characteristics of overcapacity in some important industries. The book identifies two types of overcapacity: one is excess capacity that results from natural supply-demand dynamics or cyclical economic fluctuations under a relatively sound market system; the other is overcapacity caused by the overinvestment of enterprises under a flawed economic system. It probes into how overcapacity is caused and finds two contributors -- change of growth model and institutional flaws. It explores to establish a long-term mechanism for solving the problem. The book concludes that China should establish a long-term mechanism to prevent and resolve overcapacity, and to establish healthy relationship between the market and the government"-- Provided by publisher.
- Previous studies on overcapacity
Understanding how overcapacity occurs in a transition economy
An empirical study of the impact of subsidies on corporate investment
Government subsidy, overcapacity and China's economic fluctuations
empirical tests based on a rbc model involving capacity utilization
Investment subsidy, overcapacity and growing inefficiency
Overcapacity in the iron and steel industry
Overcapacity in the solar PV industry
Improving policy responses: fresh ideas and new approaches.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Jiang, Feitao, author.
Cao, Jianhai, 1967- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|