Studies in Mishnaic Hebrew and related fields : proceedings of the Yale Symposium on Mishnaic Hebrew, May 2014 / editors, Elitzur A. Bar-Asher Siegal and Aaron J. Koller.
- New Haven : Program in Judaic Studies, Yale University, 2017.
- Jerusalem : Magnes
- Conference Name:
- Yale Symposium on Mishnaic Hebrew (2014 : New Haven, CT)
xiv, 445 pages ; 24 cm
- Hebrew language, Talmudic -- Congresses.
Hebrew language, Talmudic.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- "The eighteen studies presented here originated in a symposium held at Yale in 2014, attended by scholars from Europe, Israel, and North America. The papers approach the subject of Mishnaic Hebrew from many different angles and directions, including grammar, from morphology to syntax to pragmatics; the relationship between the literary dialect and epigraphic evidence; manuscripts; questions of language contact, lexicography, social history, and medieval traditions; and the problem of translating Mishnaic Hebrew into modern languages. The contributors to this volume are among the leading scholars in the field and the collection represents both the current state of research and the cutting edge of future work"--Back cover.
- Deviations from Mishnaic Hebrew Syntax in Mishnet Torah Due to the Influence of Arabic: Subordination or Intentional Usage? / Chanan Ariel
Problems in the Description of the Morphology of Mishnaic Hebrew / Moshe Bar-Asher
Towards a Reconsideration of the Tense-Aspect-Mood System of Tannaitic Hebrew / Elitzur A. Bar-Asher Siegal
Phonological and Morphological Studies in MS Antonin 262 (Mishnah Seder Teharoth) / Gabriel Birnbaum
The Language of the Bet 'Amar Papyrus in Light of Other Judean Desert Documents / Steven F. Fassberg
The Innovation of Nominalized Verbs in Mishnaic Hebrew as Marking an Innovation of Concept / Steven D. Fraade
The Social and Geographic Origins of Mishnaic Hebrew / Aaron Koller
Rabbinic Hebrew in the Eyes of Medieval Hebrew Philologists / Aharon Maman
Cases of Semantic Variation in Mishnaic Hebrew: The Verbs hillēk̲ and qāraṣ / Emmanuel Mastey
The Language of the Mishnah from the Late Manuscripts to the Printed Editions / Michael Ryzhik
The Face of Shame: Between Palestinian Blushing and Babylonian Blanching / Bernard Septimus
Towards a Description of Halakhic Give-and-Take Conversations in the Mishnah / Rivka Shemesh-Raiskin
Identical Lemmata of Greek and Latin Loanwords in the Historical Dictionary of the Hebrew Language: Classes and Criteria / Nurit Shoval-Dudai
The Noun ḥaluq and Its Variant Forms in Rabbinic Hebrew / Ruth Stern
The Mishnah into French: Translation Issues / Daniel Stökl Ben Ezra
The Relative Pronoun Še- in Rabbinic Hebrew as Reflected in Karaite Sources / Ofra Tirosh-Becker
The Relation between Maimonides and the Yemenite Tradition in Mishnaic Hebrew / Doron Ya'akov
qosin and qorpayot / Alexey (Eliyahu) Yuditsky.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bar-Asher Siegal, Elitzur A., editor.
Koller, Aaron J., 1978- editor.
Yale University. Program in Judaic Studies, issuing body, host institution.
Universiṭah ha-ʻIvrit bi-Yerushalayim. Ben-Yehuda Center for the History of the Hebrew Language, issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|