Francis Alÿs / Russell Ferguson, Cuauhtémoc Medina, Jean Fisher, Michael Taussig.
- Second edition, revised and expanded.
- London ; New York, NY : Phaidon Press, 2019.
- Contemporary artists
238 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 30 cm.
- Alÿs, Francis, 1959-.
- A fully updated edition of the artist's first comprehensive monograph, more than a decade since its original publication. Francis Alÿs examines the patterns of various urban sites before weaving his own fables into their tangled social fabric with wit, sensitivity, and an acutely personal connection to his subject matter. A scene such as a Volkswagen Beetle struggling up a hill or a man pushing a block of ice can carry a message that resonates far beyond the work's simple parameters. As Alÿs puts it, 'Sometimes doing something poetic can become political, and sometimes doing something political can become poetic.'
- Includes bibliographical references (page 237) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Medina, Cuauhtémoc, author.
Fisher, Jean, 1942-2016, author.
Taussig, Michael, author.
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Alÿs, Francis, 1959-. Works. Selections
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|