Tom Burrows / Scott Watson, Ian Wallace ; with Gordon Payne, Tom Burrows.
- Standardized Title:
- Tom Burrows (Vancouver, B.C.)
- Vancouver : Figure.1, 
208 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Burrows, Tom, 1940- -- Exhibitions.
Burrows, Tom, 1940-.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Tom Burrows', and the exhibition that preceded the book, presents work by the artist from his early career to the present. The book is a timely refocusing of attention on an artist who has made an immense contribution to the development of art in Vancouver, not only as an artist but as an educator and activist as well. Burrows first rose to prominence in the late-1960s and was included in several exhibitions at the UBC Fine Arts Library, an institution that was seminal in encouraging Vancouver?s growing and now vibrant art community. In 1975 he received a United Nations commission to document squatters communities in Europe, Africa and Asia, a work that is now in the Belkin?s collection. Burrows? work, which demonstrates an interest in process and new materials, has encompassed a number of disciplines including sculpture, early performance art, video, painting and iconic hand-built houses on the Maplewood Mudflats and Hornby Island. Currently most well known for his innovative monochromatic cast polymer resin?paintings/sculptures? produced during the last forty-five years, the book examines the full breadth of his career with works from the Belkin?s permanent collection as the basis with other works from the artist, collectors and public institutions.
- Tom Burrows : window / Scott Watson
Sculpture as drawing : the wall panels of Tom Burrows / Gordon Payne
Haptic visions : selected writings, 1966-2017 / Tom Burrows
On Tom / Ian Wallace.
- Published in conjunction with the exhibition Tom Burrows held at the Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery at the University of British Columbia from January 9 to April 12, 2015.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery, host institution.
- Container of: Burrows, Tom, 1940- Works. Selections.
Container of: Watson, Scott, 1950- Tom Burrows.
Container of: Wallace, Ian, 1943- On Tom.
Container of: Payne, Gordon, 1933- Sculpture as drawing.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|