Insights on Singapore's politics and governance from leading thinkers : from the Institute of Policy Studies' Singapore Perspectives / Institute of Policy Studies, Singapore.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., 
- Conference Name:
- Singapore Perspectives (Conference), contributor.
vii, 196 pages ; 24 cm
- Singapore -- Politics and government -- 1990-
- "This book presents insights on Singapore's politics and governance from leading thinkers, based on selected commentaries from Singapore Perspectives conference series co-published by Institute of Policy Studies and World Scientific. Contributed by the who's who of Singapore's government, business and academia circles, they provide diverse viewpoints over state-society relations, governing principles, electoral politics, foreign policy, among other important issues. Will consensus or contest secure Singapore's future? Should pragmatism be retained as Singapore's governing philosophy? What if the nation-state is no longer the key organisational unit of the international community? What if Singapore has to choose between China and the United States? What if Singapore becomes a two- or multi-party system? This volume explores a range of possible answers to these questions and more." -- Back cover.
- Place of publication for second publisher from publisher's website.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|