The Harry Potter generation : essays on growing up with the series / edited by Emily Lauer and Balaka Basu.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., 
viii, 210 pages ; 23 cm
- Fantasy fiction, English -- History and criticism.
Rowling, J. K. -- Criticism and interpretation.
Potter, Harry (Fictitious character)
- "This collection of new essays explores the different ways in which Harry Potter has shaped this generation's views on everything from politics to identity to pedagogical spaces online. It seeks to determine how the books have affected fans' understanding of their place in the world and their capacity to create it anew"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction : learning from the Harry Potter generation / Emily Lauer and Balaka Basu
Prologue : reading Harry Potter in context / Emily Lauer and Balaka Basu
Yours to keep : owning Harry and Hermione / Isaac Vayo
Loony Lovegood and the almost chosen one : Harry Potter, supporting characters and fan reception / Dion McLeod and Elise Payne
Harry Potter and the book burners' mistake : suppression and its unintended consequences / Emily Lauer
The disenchantment of Harry Potter : how magic died and the wizarding world became modern / Marian Yee
Cloaked in history : magical heritage sites in the Harry Potter series / Emily Lohorn
Wizarding world tourism : numinous experiences of the Harry Potter generation / Dennis J. Siler
Filling in memory gaps with love : Harry Potter on Tumblr / Heather Urbanski
Magic from the margins : Harry Potter and the postcolonial experience / Balaka Basu
Fandoms as classrooms : Harry Potter online communities as social intellectual spaces / Amber B. Vayo
Harry Potter and the male student athlete / Julia D. Morris
Lumens and literature : teaching Harry Potter in the college English classroom / Christina A. Valeo
"Harry Potter changed my life" : students and educators reflect on the Harry Potter generation / Lauren Hammond and Linda Pershing with Allison Bianco, Rachael Dohrn, Cathy Gutierrez, Shelby M.M. Kacirek, Harmony Owen, Angelo John Reyes and Erin L. Southam.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lauer, Emily, editor.
Basu, Balaka, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|