Brothers in valor : battlefield stories of the 89 African Americans awarded the Medal of Honor / Robert F. Jefferson Jr.
- Guilford, Connecticut : LP/[Lyons Press], an imprint of The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc.,  , ©2019
xv, 231 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- African American soldiers -- Biography.
Soldiers, Black -- Biography.
Medal of Honor -- Biography.
Heroes -- Biography.
African Americans -- Biography.
African American soldiers.
Armed Forces -- African Americans.
Medal of Honor.
United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans -- Biography.
- "This book provides the reader with a vivid portrait of African American soldiers who carried the flag of freedom and equality and how they reshaped the very definition of courage under fire during some of the most harrowing moments in the United States military past"-- Provided by publisher.
- "For honor, duty, and liberty" : the Civil War and Black valor in deed and word, 1862-1865
Frontier honor : Black soldier heroes and the Indian wars, 1867-1897
"Honor to the race" : Black loyalists and the American wars for empire in Cuba and the Philippines, 1898-1917
Carrying the banner of hope : Freddie Stowers, Henry Johnson, and the war to end all wars, 1917-1918
Seizing the hero's mantle : World War II and the fight for the right to fight, 1941-1945
Cold War civil rights warriors : the Korean War and Black portraits of bravery, 1950-1953
All lives matter : the Vietnam War and Black heroism under fire, 1965-1973
From dusk to dawn : lessons of Black heroism for twenty-first-century America pantheon of heroes.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Jefferson, Robert F., 1963- author. Brothers in valor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|